- People had FUN! 4 races with wind ranging from 8 to 20+ in the puffs sailing Saturday. Sadly, too little wind in the AM Sunday
- 7 Boats attended!
- Sol and Grace
- Peter and John
- Mike B and two different crews including Brendan Larabee from Stamford CT
- Tom H. and Mike K
- Tom K. and Gordon
- Duane and Georges
- Mark L. and Andy
- W/L – 2X courses, short with lots of tacks, gybes and sets.
- THANKS to John Ingalls for scrounging an RC RIB
- THANKS to Vinny Pattavina for doing RC
- THANKS to Mike Komar for pulling it together as regatta chair
- Carnage included a pulled out main sheet cleat (Tom K) a shredded kite and broken Trap hook (Duane) and miscellaneous other smaller damage among the boats.
- Tom Kivney and Gordon were leading handily after 3 races with 4 points until their main sheet blew up. Mike K and Tom H ended up winning the day (8 points) with Peter/John in second (9 points) and Tom and Gordon slipping to 3rd (12 points).
- Although there was no racing on Sunday, Sol/Grace and Mike/Brendan found some wind in the afternoon to score some practice.
One of the highlights was the get together with Ted and Amie Saturday evening at a classic Newport watering hole. The fleet wishes them well in their adventure off to Guam quite soon.
If you plan to attend the Wickford Regatta, please sign up soon!