- Length 5.05m
- Beam 6.2ft
- Weight 280lbs
- Draft 4.9ft
- Crew 2 (single trapeze)
- Sail Area 175sq ft
- Spin 290sq ft
Large boat by dingy standards with a powerful sail plan. Very stable boat in both light & heavy winds & very maneuverable. Fully powered at 12knts with a sailable range up to 30+knts. Recommended total crew weight 340lbs (range 280lbs-400+lbs). Plans at 10knts.
D-PN 79.9 RYA PN 902 PHRF 149.4
*above specifications from wikipedia and in505.org*
- Carbon/epoxy hull
- Carbon sails (3 sets) including spinnakers from North Sail practice sails and Glaser race sails
- Seldon mast with new shrouds
- Waterat carbon boom with dual carbon poles
- Waterat HA480 centerboard (480sq inch high aspect)
- Waterat carbon rudder with carbon tiller and tiller extension
- Brand new Vakaros Atlas Digital Compass with GPS/Ground speed for training
- Carbon and stainless steal drain vents
- Take up bungee, spectra, lines, blocks in great shape
- Top and Bottom Canvas covers + plush relined rudder bag
- Dolly included, but aluminum travel trailer sold separately
- Ground support equipment includes hoisting harness, extra blocks, lots of line (including spectra), line splicing tools, sail bags, trapeze harness, spare life jacket, sail tape.
This boat was rigged by Thompson Boatworks in San Francisco in 2011. A true category 5 super 5o5 ready to go racing or blasting around the harbor. Only 1 previous owner. Has been taken very well care of since owned. Always rinsed well, and equipment cleaned regularly. Has been stored inside with covers. A top end 5o5 that comes with all the goodies. All blades are pristine. Call or text for pictures. Price recently reduced to $13,000. Will consider all reasonable offers.
Below is an article posted of the build of this boat from the original owner